7/24/2013

What I feel in Singapore

Why people would be exposed to the risk of injury, because they enter rich area? 

Enjoy the Toastmasters in Singapore. I really learn a lot from it. There are two great speaker for the workshop tonight. The first speak focus on the winner profile. Compare with the second speech, I think most of audience are really interesting in how to be a winner.


He as a consultant do lots of survey, said the winner profile will be high Dominance, high Extroversion, low Patience, and low Formality. Own this kinds of winner profile will have  higher chance to be the 10% a leader and a winner. If not you'll have higher chance to be the rest 90% follower. Quite so interesting, I met lots of people here just make me feel low Patience and low Formality no matter on the street or the shop. It's the place that local want to move out and foreigner want to come in and earn money. Most of people are not friendly, even the service in the mall or in the shop, the public transportation driver, the information center are always make me feel unhappy, only few people is OK. The environment is not clean as I think, it's clean, but it's not very clean. And the most disgusting place is the public toilet the cleaner like to use lots of water to clean, but don't make it dry, it's wet everywhere. I think the toilet feeling in Singapore is even worse than Indonesia, although the facilities is new, they won't keep it very well. Only the toilet in hotel is really clean. 

The speaker ask what's the requirement to be a good speaker? Someone answer dressing, and she said she can't believe someone wear shorts can make a good speech. Dressing mean polite, but I don't know what's the relation with a person is good or not? I can feel that when I try to talk with others, there 're not many people want to talk with me because I don't wear good dressing even there're no dressing code in this meeting. It just make me feel Singapore is a place really care the outside. They make lots of thing to attract people invest Singapore, make rich people more rice. And lots of food shop have variety style can choose, make people want to buy it, but the service is terrible, it's hard to really enjoy it. 

I just feel Singapore is a really beautiful city, but most of people is very unhappy even they're richer than lots of city. Most of Singaporean just like live in a big jail, if the space is not enough to live, then the government will destroy the old building and build another big jail.   

No comments: