12/20/2012

[273-71] The toughest challenge that I ever had today.


I will be the evaluate the evaluator in Rockingham Toastmasters tonight, so I need to evaluate the table topic evaluator and all the speech evaluator. That mean I really need to listen clearly to everything that they said who is English native speaker, and I need to give them suggestion, comment, and recommend. Sometimes I can't realize what they said, (actually was most of the time). Although I try to do it well, I still think I don't have much progress. I think the evaluator is a really good chance to practice the listening skill, so I don't reject to get this assign job in Toastmasters. I want to try it, no matter what it will be. During the meeting, I scare as well. However, when the evaluator started to talk, I just try to catch all the meaning what they said and try to jot it down all the recommends. As a ESL, that will be tough, and I need to recognize it and restructure it in few minutes then talk to everyone. I don't know why? I did it, and I did it much better than I think I can do. And others also think I did it well. Ha~ Ha~

Sometimes I don't know if I can do it, but I just put me into the situation and leave my comfort zone. I think I will get more progress.

And thanks Toastmasters give me a chance to let me know I can do it.

No comments: