11/15/2012

[273-36] No. 1 Toastmasters in the world, Victoria Quay Toastmasters Clubs, Fremantle, Australia


I want to visit different kinds of Toastmasters' clubs in the world. Although I want to, I still need to arrange my time in my budget. When I found it in the Toastmasters website and I felt amazing that how can get the 9 points in 3 months (Top is 10 points, and normally need to one years to get it, and normally less than 1% clubs can get the 10 points in the world and they have done and maintained it for ten years). When I come here and look at the agenda, and that's so great, it's very easy to understand what should we do, and it's colorful to make me feel good. 

They will support every meeting at least 3 DTM, and they have workshop twice a month, so every members can learn a lot from this club. And I can feel all the DTM make a lots efforts to build up a good Toastmasters. David Nicholas got the 6 DTM, although he is very busy, if I have any questions, and he always can reply me in 24 hours. Even Davis is explain a rule about Toastmasters, but he make me feel just like listen to a good story. I always think a good speaker is not to show how many things you know or how fast that you can speak, the most important thing is that make others understand what you want to say. 

In the Victoria Quay Toastmasters, there don't have Ah-counter, and Grammarian because this jobs are always focus on people faults, that add the other job, Inspiration, Tonic, and Highlights & Phrases to share and learn more positive things. And their evaluators can replace the roles of Ah-counter and Grammarian  and the best thing is they will follow the CRC method (Commend, Recommend, and Commend), so they can  get  more from every speeches, and the better speaker will be the role of evaluate the evaluators. I think it's a really really great style, although it's a little tough for our ESL speaker, it's a good way to challenge ourselves.
  




The big Green, Orange, and Red light with alarm. There are two good time clock for the timer, some clubs don't prepare the time clock, so the timer need to use their watch or phone, and I don't like the feeling.

When I'm first time to visit Toastmasters club, and I'm really love the atmosphere, it's a really good place to practice English, public speaking and leadership skills. So I visited 8 clubs in three months during I was training in the military in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. I like to visit different clubs, because I can learn different style of speakers and how it works in the same Toastmasters rules? So I have a dream to travel and see the  branches of Toastmasters around the world. 

It's interesting that I met a person, Kasia, who look like my friend, Tang. No matter the posture, gesture, the style of dressing and speaking are all very similar. It's really really cool. That's one of reason I want to travel around, and hope I can find the other one look like me, it's just like the same person live in the different place, but almost do the same things. 

No comments: